This week, I’m all about gratefulness and kindness. From buying your friend or that random person behind you a coffee, to the bigger picture. Honestly, pause for just a sec, and think. How often do you stop in that present, mindful moment and be appreciative of all that you have in life. And it’s not about the “stuff,” think BIGGER PICTURE. When I was younger, (and even now sometimes) I took a lot for granted. I believe many of you dear readers, did so as well. After all, we were young and had no clue what life would be like on the “other side.” All the things, education, career opportunities, the music you listen to…compulsory or not, we tend to overlook the little things. And some of the big ones too. Did you ever to stop to think how lucky we are, in a free country to be educated? Or how about how lucky we were to have teachers who cared, you know, not those doing anesthetized teaching, but the special few who poured their heart and soul into their lessons. As I reached adulthood, “mommydom” and all that other good stuff, I began to appreciate the things around me more. As I traveled, and read the news and saw more of the world out there, I realized that many of the things I’d been “given” are privileges. Literacy is a gift. Think how lucky you are, wherever you are reading today’s post, that you live in a peaceful, safe country. Wifi is a gift folks. I had coffee the other day with a friend who I haven’t seen in yonks, and I realized we live in a beautiful world, and we are all so interconnected, even without realizing it on our own. I am counting my blessings to be lucky to live in an amazing world. Maybe today isn’t going so great for you, and we all will go through tough times in life. Just remember that no matter how bad it seems today, tomorrow something good is bound to pop up. There are a gazillion things to be grateful for in life. I’m going to share my simple list of things that I’m grateful for in my life. Most of them, will apply to you too. As you read this Thanksgiving list, feel free to add any other things you are grateful for. Comments are always welcome. And remember, kindness and gratefulness often go hand in hand.
- Coffee. Yes, you knew it would top my list and I cannot disappoint you. It’s my wakeup call every morning and helps me focus on the positive good stuff out there in the world.
- Your parents. Without them, there would not be you, and that would be sad.
- Your family: for being there no matter what. (yes, there are exceptions, I apologize)
- Your close friends: for being your awesome companions navigating through life.
- Sight. It’s so awesome to be able to see the colors of life and the world.
- Hearing. Obviously to hear music, the rain, the wind and the voices of those you love.
- Your sense of smell. For memory triggers, the smell of fresh baked cookies, the ocean and your fave perfume. (I’m currently totally into citrusy scents- yum)
- Words. So you can express yourself.
- Disappointment. To realize what matters to you most.
- Mistakes: for helping you to improve and become better.
- Life’s Challenges. This helps you grow and become the unique person that you are.
- Kind strangers. They brighten up your day when you least expect it.
- Laughter. The sound sprinkles your life with joy. (especially when it comes from your kids)
- Love. For letting you feel truly alive. (spouse, kids or pets – warm fuzzies all around)
- Books. They add wisdom, emotion and joy to your life. (and they help escape reality for a bit)
- Rainbows. To remind you that after every rain something beautiful happens. (when I was little, I believed that my dad (he died when I was three and was an artist) painted the rainbows for me so I wouldn’t feel alone in the big wide world.)
- Shoes. Does this one really need an explanation?
- Your mind. Thinking, storing memories, and creating innovative solutions to life.
- Blogs. To connect like-minded people, give me an outlet and help us all enjoy life.
AND THE BONUS ONE … YOU
Thank you for being who you are, sharing your uniqueness, and touching the universe with your presence. Wishing all you lovely peeps a very happy, healthy and meaningful Thanksgiving. I love you all. 💖 Stay motivated and caffeinated! 😉☕