Hello my lovely peeps! Does today find you feeling sluggish? Has your energy level bottomed out by lunch? Lots of stuff can cause a drain of energy, but lucky for you, there are many ways to boost those levels when you feel all foggy and can’t concentrate. I’ll skip my general have a nap and coffee advice to bring you 7 (yes, seven, it’s my lucky number) all natural ways to boost that energy and get you back on track.
These 7 natural energy boosters will keep your motor running throughout the day (repeat if necessary):
- Take a 20-minute power nap. I know, but it really works peeps. Between 15 and 30 minutes or you’ll be groggy afterward. And now I will leave it alone.
- Water. Energy levels dip when we get dehydrated, and even with all the java in the universe, plain old water is the essence of life. Fun fact: your brain (and mine) uses 75% of the fluid circulating in your body for communication. All those cells and nerves and neurons spitting about – well, this is their AC current. So drink up! You can get fancy and add a twist of lemon or lime to your H2O.
- Munch and crunch an apple. Fruit has natural sugars, but for some reason, the apple is the king of fruit. The levels of natural sugar are perfect to turn on your energy boosters. Did you know, that a fist sized apple (any type) has the same effect as a cup of coffee? Yup folks, it’s true. And no caffeine crash for those of you affected.
- Meditation. I know I have said it before, but there is clinical PROOF, that people who meditate are less stressed and have higher levels of energy. And, it all adds up, so 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there (wow, I can’t wait until I can sit for 10 minutes!) is like a slow drip of energy love. So come on, get comfy, breathe, clear your mind, and … Ohm… You’ll feel refreshed and energized.
- Get Out. Period. Sunshine is the world’s cheapest energy booster. Vitamin D boosts your mood, and mental acuity and performance. So what are you waiting for? Go take a walk. Now.
- Calisthenics. I know, scary word. 5-10 reps of simple exercises, jumping jacks, push-ups (I do mine standing by the wall) or walking up the stairs gets that blood circulating. Think old school Jack La Lane. Movement brings oxygen to your cells and brain and makes you more alert, perky and energetic. Exercise = Endorphins; those happy hormones at work for you!
- High energy snack time. If all else fails, grab a snack, but skip the Snickers. Choose foods high in B vitamins that help convert carbs to energy. Think sunflower seeds, raw nuts, yogurt (think greek, plain %fat – you can add a handful of nuts or fruit) – all great pick me up snacks. Don’t forget to hydrate with your yummies as well.
Start taking it one thing at a time, avoid the multitasking drama. If you devote more energy to each activity, with mindfulness, you’ll feel like you are accomplishing more. It’s similar to a meditative state, and puts your brain into Alpha zone – calm, cool, collected and creative.
Summing it all up java junkies of mine… most of these natural energy boosters are supremely easy to work into your day. I promise that they won’t take more than 5–10 minutes at most, and the benefits can last for hours. Try it, you’ll like it!
Stay motivated and caffeinated!😉☕
Let’s go a little retro folks…