As passionate as I am about my morning java jolt, there are times when I get distracted or just too busy to finish that pot. Ok, the second pot. But, coffee is a terrible thing to waste, especially since it does have redeeming health values. Antioxidants, brain boosts and prevention of diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s…though not a cure all, there are some serious benefits. Perhaps you remember my past blog post on the amazing brown beans of my sustenance. So, leftover morning coffee…what to do with it – just a few ideas here. Don’t forget that coffee grounds are fantastic fertilizer in your garden – compost away my peeps!
- 911 Iced Coffee: Seems logical, but I know most of you just don’t see hot coffee gone cold as a refreshing afternoon pick me up. Store the leftovers in a glass pitcher in your fridge. Mine has cute nautical designs, because after all, it’s fun to drink with the fishies.
- Cube it. Yes, you can have undiluted iced coffee if only you have an ice cube tray. At roughly 99¢ for a two pack, you have it made in the shade!⛱️
- Café Mocha: This is almost too easy! Jazz up your instant cocoa with some leftover coffee and make your own Starbuck’s special at home.
- Brownies! While we’re cooking it up in the kitchen instead of adding water to those brownies that are a bit dry, add ¼ cup coffee. Adult flavored mocha chocolate bliss.
- Frosting: (Yup, for the brownies) Mix that confectioner’s sugar with some coffee for a delicious mocha topping with a lovely caramel color.
- Chili: A little coffee perks up the peppers in this easy crockpot dish.
- Dye Job : So you stained that white tee and it’s beyond repair – WAIT! Coffee can dye your t-shirt a lovely shade of light tea/mocha/caramel. Great if you need a neutral tee for the in-between days.
- Paper craft: Sticking to that dye lot, you can “coffee” stain paper for a vintage look.
- Post BBQ Cleaner: Betcha didn’t know that cooked on burger grease comes off with coffee. The acid in the coffee works great, but you need A LOT as you must soak the grates. Definitely worth it.
Last but not least…
- Furniture Fixer: Scratch and dent special here. Simmer the coffee so it reduces by about half. Rub the newly created paste onto that dark wood furniture to rub out those scratches. Wipe clean with a damp cloth. And the java scent will energize you while you scrub-a-dub-dub.
So you see, there really can never be too much coffee. ☕
Stay motivated and caffeinated! ☕
BONUS! AM Coffee Smoothie
In a blender bottle (or whatever you can shake or blend) mix together:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or hemp milk
- 1 cup coffee (brewed not instant – trust me)
- 1/2 banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I like the Vega, but your fave is cool with me)
- 2 cups ice
Luv those suggestions. Thank you !