Every now and then, we all need a little bit of motivation. Whether it be to get something done, or just a little pick me up! Either way, it’s always great to be prepared for when the time comes!
Personally, I’m a HUGE procrastinator. Not when it comes to my work, but when it comes to my projects. I’m one of those people that does best under pressure, but I also try my best to get my work done early too! In the end, it all evens out for me.
Nevertheless, I still need tips to stay motivated! So, today I’m here to share a few of my favorites with you!
- Set aside blocks of time. For me, I love being able to check things off of my to do list! Of course, at the same time, I absolutely hate having to start the actual tasks. Sometimes they might only take a few minutes, but I still have trouble getting myself in the mindset to do them. So, I set aside blocks of time dedicated to each task! By doing this, I promise myself that I’ll work for a set amount of time and then I can move on to something else. More often than not though, I end up finishing the task before the time is up!
- Track your progress. Whether you prefer to do lists, spreadsheets, or bullet journaling, make sure you are tracking your progress! There is no better way to visualize yourself reaching your goals then to see it right in front of you! So make sure you are taking the time to not only work towards your goals, but to track your progress as well! Personally, I like to keep an accomplishments journal. In it, I jot down the date and all of the tasks that I accomplished that day. (You can read more about it here!) By doing this, I’m able to see an ongoing list of all that I’ve accomplished without worrying about the things that I might not have finished. This leaves me in a positive mood at the end of each day, which ultimately motivates me to do even better the next day!
- Surround yourself with all things motivational. This one’s easy! To surround yourself with all things motivational, you only need to do a couple of things! In fact, you can pick and choose which one’s you like best or you can do them all! It’s 100% your choice! The way that I do this is by following three steps: hanging motivational posters, pinning motivational quotes to my Pinterest boards, and listening to motivational speakers. The first two are pretty self-explanatory, so I’ll just explain the last one. To do this, I like to surround myself with people that are positive and supportive beings. Not only that, but I also like to set aside time to listen to motivational TED Talks and podcasts. Together, all of these things give me an instant shove in the right direction when I’m struggling to move forward.
- Actively remind yourself of your goals. I’m sure many of you, myself included, have some sort of goals in mind. Whether you want to graduate college, buy a house, or own your own business, deep down in your heart you have something that you want to accomplish. Unfortunately, many of us can get so swept up in the mundane tasks and daily obstacles, that we forget what our ultimate goal is. So, the best way to counteract that is to actively remind yourself of your goals! To do this, you can create a vision board, set reminders, or even leave sticky notes around your house, it’s completely up to you!
- Set incentives. Not only is it important to remind yourself of your goals, but it’s just as important to give yourself incentives too! I mean, who doesn’t want to get a gold star for finishing a task?! In all seriousness though, incentives are definitely my FAVORITE motivator! They can be customized specifically to your liking and even your budget, which is perfect for everyone! Some of mine include: indulging in dessert after I finish a blog post, buying a new book when I accomplished a larger task, and go on a vacation after I publish my first book :
In the end though, it doesn’t matter how many motivational tips I give you unless you’re actually putting them into action. So stop what you’re doing, write down these motivational tips, and get to work!
I have faith in you and I know that you will get to where you want to be!
About the Author:
Ivy is a wife, a creator, and a photographer, but her biggest label? Spoonie. On her blog, Ivy writes about all of the things that she loves, and the things that she does, and how being a spoonie affects those things! She shares her projects, her feelings, and the inspirational women in her life. She believes that she is perfectly ambitious, and she’d love to feature those of you who are as well! Ivy is also a military wife currently stationed in Alabama. She runs her blog and her shop from home and also works on her novels in her spare time.
Stay connected with Ivy on social media!
Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin’ | Google+
What are you working towards? Tell me in the comments below!